Are you aware of the most recent email marketing statistics? Everyone knows that email marketing works, however when your resources are insufficient, you need to be sure you’re spending your time and resources into the proper advertising campaigns.
Email marketing is one of those “correct techniques” in which all firms should spend. But, in case you’re still not convinced of the effectiveness of email marketing, we’ve gathered a massive collection of email marketing statistics which will open your eyes.
In this post, we’ll look over the most recent email marketing statistics to help you elevate your email marketing initiatives to the ultimate level in 2021.
- Email is the third most powerful source of data for B2B consumers, after only peer endorsements as well as professional opinion makers.
- When interacting for work objectives, 86 percent of corporate professionals prefer to utilise email.
- B2B email marketing has a 47 percent higher CTR than B2C email marketing campaigns.
- According to 59 percent of B2B advertisers emailing is their most successful income generating activities platform.
- As per Experian, 56 percent of companies that used emoticons in marketing email subject lines had a better response percentage.
- Tuesday is the finest day of the week for emailing according to 10 email marketing studies.
- While 26 percent of Businesses questioned use email marketing for revenues, just 7 percent use email to establish their brand.
- Only around 30% of commercial email list members in the United States have completed a purchasing decision from the shop whose mailing list they registered to.
- Welcoming email addresses are highly effective: on average, they generate 320 percent more money per email than most other marketing emails.
- Customers who buy items via email spend 138 percent more than someone who does not receive email promotions.
- According to Quick Sprout, emailing users are three times more inclined than other channel prospects to post information on social networking.
- Email advertisement is the most important driver of client retention for 80 percent of retail professionals, the next closest channel? Only 44% of the identical professionals were aware of digital networking.
- Authorisation advertising messages are preferred by 77 percent of individuals over email marketing, texting, telephone, or social networking sites.
- Males and females are similarly likely to convert from a desktop email, while women are more inclined to convert on a tablet and men are more inclined to convert on a phone.
- Email is the favoured mode of business communication for 73% of youngsters.
- According to May 2017 estimations depending on 1.29 billion openings, the Apple iPhone has a 31 percent marketplace dominance followed by Gmail at 22 percent.
- Approximately 73% of 18-24 year age groups use their smartphones to check emails.
- Whenever a prospective or shopper receives an email on a smartphone or tablet and then receives the same email on a different device, customers are 65% higher likely to click-through to your site/offering.
- People SAY they appreciate HTML email messages, yet ordinary emails receive more responses.
- The Canadian Anti-Spam Law (CASL) seems to have no discernible influence on the manufacturer’s email advertisement campaign according to 49 percent of digital advertisers.
- The average percentage of genuine corporate emails generated everyday has stayed constant since 2015, however the proportion of phishing emails that overcome security measures (abuse that actually reaches your mailbox) has increased from 12 each day in 2015 to 16 per day in 2017.
- Nonprofit organizations lose around $15k in contributions each year as a result of spammers preventing crowdfunding campaign mailings from reaching prospective mailboxes.
- Fragmented emailing advertisements have a 14.32 percent greater opening percentage than non-segmented marketing.
- Click-through rates in segregated email marketing are 100.95 percent greater than in non-segmented advertisements.
- The worldwide population of email customers is expected to reach 2.9 billion by 2019.
- The percentage of email consumers in the United States is expected to reach 244.5 million by the end of 2017, and 254.7 million by 2020.
- Every day, about 105 billion email messages are sent; this figure is predicted to grow to 246 billion by 2020.
- From 2015 to 2016, the utilization of emoticons in email advertising campaigns surged 775 percent.
- The frequency of emails featuring GIFs increased from 5.4% in 2015 to 10.3% in 2016.
- Email automating is used by 49 percent of organisations.
- Consumers adore beloved pets, thus pet and animal facilities have the greatest email conversion rates.
- In the UK, every pound invested on email marketing yields a ROI of 38 pounds; in the US, it yields a ROI of $44.
- The 4 most common email advertisement KPIs (as recognised by marketers) are, as per the DMA, CTR, Exchange rate, Possible to allocate, as well as ROI.
- Trying to check email is an additional activity. Individuals do it when watching TV (69%), in bed (57%), and on vacation (79 percent). Bonus points if you complete all 3 while staring at that JCrew Gmail advertisement!
- Employing the term “Donate” in your opening sentence can lower your conversion rates by 50% or more.
- Throughout all categories, the typical email opt-in percentage is 1.95 percent.
- As per a Campaign Monitoring research, for every $1 invested on email campaigns, $44 is returned.
- The overall conversion rate for firms in the Daily Deals industry is 15%, while the industry average is 20%.
- 28 percent of customers want to get marketing offers nearly once a week.
- According to a research of 1 billion emails, video emails have 96 percent better CTRs than non-video email messages.
- In 2017, the much more productive email techniques were list fragmentation and personalisation.
- CTR for segmentation email marketing is 50% greater than for non targeted advertisements.
- The three leading advantages for utilising personalisation in email marketing are increased conversion rates (82%), greater CTR (75%), and enhanced consumer satisfaction (58 percent).
- List segment (51 percent), personalisation (50 percent), and scheduled email messages are the top three email advertising techniques (45 percent ).
- Throughout a SuperOffice email campaigns research, a segmentation email marketing campaign received a 94 percent conversion rate and a 38 percent CTR, whereas a non-segmented email marketing campaign received a 42 percent conversion rate and a 4.5 percent CTR.
- Advertisers who send specialised messages see an increase in profits of 760 percent.
- 88 percent of consumers believe that if an email appears to be personalised for individuals, they are much more likely to reply positively.
- A customised opening sentence gets 62 percent of emails received.
- Acknowledging the individual by personally can improve conversion rate and CTR by up to 35%.
- 10% of participants are irritated by insufficient or non-existent customization.
- Personalization’s top annoying aspects, as per participants, are: proposing goods that do not fit their preferences (34%), expiring offers (24%), name misspelling (15%), incorrect season or region offer (14%), and already acquired promotional offers (13 percent ).
- Although 4% of advertisers employ highly customised focusing, 13% employ fragmentation for distinct audiences, 31% claim to use basic categorization (2-5 criteria), whereas 53% do not target at all.
- Email segmentation and personalization produce 58 percent of revenue.
- Personalization is perhaps the most successful strategy, according to 62 percent of advertisers.
- Conversion rates for segmentation email marketing grew by 39%; earnings, trustworthiness, and marketing prospects all climbed by 24%; and purchases improved by 18%.
- 68 percent of youngsters employ and prefer to see emoticons, GIFs, and drawings in their email messages, but just 37 percent of those over 65 agreed.
- Emails using emoji in the subject line had a 56% improved conversion rate.
- Women are more receptive to emotions than males.
- 76 percent of respondents polled have used emojis in work communications at least once.
- When relevant emoticons are used in festive marketing, the dissatisfaction rate can be reduced to 0%.
That’s it — the top 60 email marketing statistics to help you plan your email marketing campaign. As you’ll see, emailing isn’t going away anytime soon, although it is evolving.
If advertisers want to maintain the advantages of email advertising and unlocking those delicious ROIs, companies must concentrate on categorization and customization, as well as mobile-optimized email messaging.
Hopefully, the above statistics will offer you with some useful information which you can utilise to expand and strengthen your current email advertising campaigns.