Even though you don’t personally love browsing Facebook, there’s really no arguing that it is the largest global social networking site.
Including over 2.8 billion active monthly users, anybody interested in using social media to advertise a business should pay extra consideration towards how people utilize Facebook.
To that aim, we’ve compiled the most recent Facebook statistics for 2021 to make it easier to manage the social media platform.
If you’d like to discover where and how to invest your advertising money, where and how to start the sales process on Facebook.
Whether it’s even profitable to be using Facebook in 2021, you’ll discover all the Facebook statistics that you need to discover right here.
- There are 2.74 billion active monthly users on Facebook. This represents a 12% year-on-year increase from September 2019. This is the one statistic that demonstrates the necessity of adding Facebook into your marketing campaign. There is just no alternative platform with this level of reach.
- Facebook covers 59% of the global social networking audience. It is the only social network that reaches over 50% of all people on social media.
- Facebook is the third-most-visited website on the planet. Only Google and YouTube rank higher. When individuals spend time online, it’s quite likely that they’re doing so on Facebook.
- Facebook is the 2nd most common app in terms of downloads. And Facebook Messenger is ranked seventh. Only TikTok outperforms Facebook in terms of downloads.
- In 2021, Facebook will be 17 years old.
- Men make up 63% of the Facebook workforce. The firm has been trying to increase worker diversity, and the number of male employees is moving down from 69 percent in 2014. However, males continue to make up the bulk of Facebook employees, accounting for 75.9 percent of technical positions.
- Males make up 57% of Facebook’s viewership. And 43 percent of the population is female. In comparison, men and women are virtually equally represented on Instagram.
- 32.4 percent of Facebook’s readership is between the ages of 25 and 34. The next highest age group is 18-24, accounting for 23.5 percent of Facebook’s viewership. Only 4.7 percent of Facebook users are 65 or older, and 5.8 percent are 17 or younger.
- Facebook is known to 95 percent of the US population over the age of 12.
- Only 8.9 percent of Facebook’s viewership is based in the United States. However, compare that to India’s 310,000,000 users. The large proportion of Facebook’s viewership is from countries other than the United States.
- The Middle East and Africa are Facebook’s fastest expanding regions (13.6 percent ). Asia comes in second with 10.7 percent. Facebook is also still expanding in Europe and North America, with a global growth rate of 8.7 percent expected in 2020.
- Eighty-three percent of Canadians have a Facebook account. Perhaps the most popular social site in Canada. In comparison, 51% have an Instagram account.
- 53 percent of Facebook users in the United States believe the platform protects their data and privacy.
- The average Facebook user spends 34 minutes each day on the network.
- 79.9% of Facebook users solely use mobile devices to access the platform. Only 1.7 percent of Facebook users use a computer to access the network. Furthermore, 18.5 percent of Facebook users use the site both from a mobile phone and a PC.
- Android is used by 80.5 percent of mobile Facebook users. Only 14.3 percent of people use iOS. This is most likely due to the tiny proportion of Facebook users who reside in the United States.
- Facebook is used by 63 percent of the US population over the age of 12.
- Facebook is where 36% of people obtain their news. This is the highest percentage across social networks. There seems to be an interesting debate going on regarding Facebook’s influence as a news source as well as it is one that all businesses must keep an eye on.
- 45 percent of new music searchers between the ages of 35 and 54 discover fresh music on Facebook.
- The death of Kobe Bryant was the most talked about event on Facebook in 2020.
- Every day, 500 million individuals use Facebook Stories. Making material for Facebook Stories is not the same as making stuff for the News Feed. The tempo has quickened, the aspect ratio has changed, and there is far less text to deal with. Stories, on the other hand, have the practical advantage of presenting at the top of the screen.
- Facebook users “love” approximately 8% of legislators’ postings and “anger” about 6% of them.
- Facebook Messenger is used by 1.3 billion users. That equates to 23% of the world’s population over the age of 13. They also use Messenger to interact with businesses. Every month, 10 billion messages are transmitted between consumers and companies using Messenger.
- Facebook Groups are used by 1.8 billion individuals. Businesses and brands may build their own Facebook Groups to communicate with current followers, or they can look for methods to connect with potential consumers through present public groups.
- This spring, the membership of a local Facebook group increased by 3.3 times.
- The Blackout Coalition is the biggest Facebook Group in the United States. This organization, which has 1.8 million members, helps to assist Black-owned companies.
- More than 1.5 billion matches have been made on Facebook Dating. Facebook’s opt-in dating area debuted in September 2019 and has since extended across Europe.
- Every month, the typical Facebook user likes 12 posts. Posting engaging material that invites interaction can help you receive your fair share of likes, comments, and shares.
- 96.3 percent of Facebook users utilize at least one other social media network in addition to Facebook.
- Facebook is the best popular social media network among Americans, according to 54% of those who use it.
- On Facebook, 42 percent of companies are located in the suburbs. In comparison, 33 percent of companies are located in cities, while 25 percent are located in rural regions.
- 48.5 percent of B2B decision consumers conduct research on Facebook. YouTube has a greater share of 50.9 percent. When advertising to a corporate audience don’t overlook Facebook.
- In the previous year, 18.3 percent of U.S. adults made a purchase on Facebook. In comparison, Instagram has 11.1 percent and Pinterest has 2.9 percent.
- From February to May of 2020, Facebook clicks on local economic searches climbed by 23%.
- At least two-third of Facebook consumers visit a local business Page at minimum once a week.
- In a half-year period, Facebook deleted 3,716,817 pieces of material for copyright and trademark violation, as well as counterfeit complaints.
- Facebook has a 2.14 billion advertisement audience. That is the amount of individuals Facebook claims can be addressed through advertisements on its platform. It represents a 2.2 percent (or 45 million user) growth since the third quarter of 2020.
- The United States and Canada account for 47 percent of Facebook’s ad income.
- In the third quarter of 2020, the average advertisement price fell by 9%. This is excellent news for marketers since it means they will receive (slightly) more value for their dollars.
- The typical Facebook customer selects 12 advertisements each month. That works out to one every 2.5 days. It may not appear to be a large quantity, but keep in mind that not all advertising requires a click to be successful.
- Facebook advertisements can target 100% of the individuals over the age of 13 in the Philippines and Libya. In Malta, Samoa, and Aruba, Facebook advertisements can reach 98 percent of the population, while in Mongolia, Ecuador, and Peru, they can reach 97 percent.
- Every day, the typical Facebook Page publishes 1.55 posts. 55.6 percent of the postings are photographs, 22.2 percent are videos, 18.5 percent are links, and only 3.6 percent are simple status posts.
Facebook videos are extremely popular, especially among younger consumers of the service. If you want to advertise, a product video might help you and your intended audience.
Catching up with Facebook is an important part of campaign preparation. Not only does Facebook control existing networks such as Instagram, but they often have an impact on greater than one aspect of business advertising.
The research also shows that uploading videos is the best method to increase interaction on large Facebook pages.