As per WordPress.com, self-hosted WordPress architecture powers 35percent of the overall world’s internet sites.
Yes, you heard that right. WordPress is the content management system used by 35percent of total of all web pages worldwide.
Blogging has experienced a fundamental change since its inception in 2003. WordPress originated as a blogging portal to meet the needs of individuals who wished to share their ideas with the world, however it has now developed into much more.
Anyone can now write blogs and run a digital business, launch an e-commerce website, as well as do everything in the middle.
WordPress has grown in popularity over the years as a result of its open and transparent characteristics, and it has collected several remarkable statistics on its own.
So now, we’ll share the best WordPress statistics and facts with you. You can utilise in your present blog posts to create more credibility or essentially to entertain your friends.
- Workcamps’ are definitely the locations they go to discover more concerning WordPress, meet like-minded people, and communicate with WordPress firms. Several of which were held in San Francisco in 2006.
- There seem to be approximately 1,660 clubs and 782,141 individuals that engage in these localized WordPress chapters.
- WordPress focuses primarily on protection. Having said that, Google bans around 10,000 websites per day owing to vulnerability concerns. Every week, approximately 50,000 of them are blacklisted as a result of spamming.
- As of now 1080 workcamps events have been successfully accomplished in a single event in San Francisco.
- WooCommerce is the second-fastest-growing content management system (CMS). Nearly everyday, 330 WooCommerce-powered sites break into the leading 10 million. WordPress is the most popular, having 980 daily installations.
- According to the most recent WordPress websites statistics, the authorized WordPress help forum includes more than two million issues. According to the most recent live chat data, 71% of consumers preferred to utilize online chat, and WordPress understands the value of providing live chat assistance.
- There are presently 55,463 free extensions in the WordPress plugin library. Beyond WordPress, Website owners can discover free plugins and therefore most plug – ins on creator websites are charged.
- 39 percent of infected WordPress sites on the internet used out-of-date CMS technologies.
- Customization options plugins seem to be a hybrid of a plugin as well as a theme that allow WordPress users to automatically create web pages & adding functionalities to them by utilizing a straightforward drag-and-drop styling editing.
- A WordPress developer generates $9,000 higher per annum than the typical website developer as per Payscale.com. They also make slightly more than other web designers. The average cost of a WordPress site is from $3,000 to $15,000, based on your requirements.
- Customers might be required to manually put sophisticated functionalities and performance into their webpages if WordPress plugins were not available. That is why they are such a popular technique to increase the functionality of a website. Unfortunately, there seems to be no clear victor in the category of “highest configured,” as the WordPress source ceases monitoring deployments at 5 million.
- Over 7,200 WordPress plugins are available on the Code Canyon world market. Unfortunately, because many programmers offer updates to their free plugins on respective webpages, this figure is likely to be underestimated.
- WooCommerce, the leading eCommerce plugins as well as WordPress set of tools, was developed in 2008 by 3 WordPress admirers.
- WordPress is used by academic organizations, administrations, and personalities.
- According to the best comprehensive WordPress utilization statistics, its customers write about 42 million articles each month, including over 60 million responses. This figure does not include spammer responses however can total more than 132 million every month.
- The WooCommerce plugin is used by 3,876,748 eCommerce web pages.
- The plugin has been downloaded approximately 83,000,000 times to date and supports roughly 28% of all e – commerce websites.
- WooCommerce is not a self-contained eCommerce infrastructure like its competitors, therefore enables it to be much more adaptable in its application. In perspective of how many WordPress websites are WooCommerce equipped which is 16.4 percent.
- More than 17,333 WordPress plugins had not been updated from the last 2 years. This implies that the vast majority of extensions remain unsubstantiated, potentially exposing WordPress consumers to danger.
- With several people still implementing obsolete WordPress infrastructure, businesses risk their businesses and customers. In 2019, obsolete CMS technologies were responsible for 49 percent of breached WordPress sites on the internet.
- As of this publication, just 34.9 percent of WordPress websites had been updated to the latest version. Most of the others are running obsolete WordPress editions which are no longer protected and are insecure.
- Sucuri revealed their breached website danger analysis, which was informed on a survey of 60,299 recovered internet sites, over 98 million Site Check inspections, as well as an investigation of 170,827,313 targeted attacks.
- Consumers love uploading content to WordPress, as seen by this statistic. In December 2020, 21,903,491 documents were posted. In December 2018, the amount of data transferred was at an all-time high of 70,399,151. The monthly average is approximately 24.7 million files.
- Including the most current 2018 financial statements: The WordPress Foundation earned $13,296 in revenue, with contributions accounting for $11,178 of the total. However, its expenditure ($42,938) greatly surpassed its revenue. Word Camp ticketing revenues and sponsorship deals produced $4,631,214 for WordPress Community Participation. Meanwhile, costs for the same time period reached $4,486,658.
- There are already 420 revisions of WordPress released to date. 37 of them have considered significant upgrades. Major versions occur approximately 4 to 5 months and include new consumer functionalities as well as development capabilities. Incremental updates are made available when required. Typically, they will address problems, repair loopholes, or implement minor changes to the technology.
- WordPress.org continues to remain free to install and use now. Additional fees are involved with developing a WordPress project however the content management system is not in the list.
- WordPress is now available in 196 language groups.
- From its early beginnings, the WordPress foundation has received around 346,000 lines of coding.
- WordPress is now used by 62.4 percent of all websites developed using a CMS. WordPress websites account for 35.6 percent of all websites on the Internet whether developed with or without a CMS.
- Currently, there seem to be 27,616,323 blog posts on the Web and WordPress was used to generate 98 percent of such blogs.
- Avada, Theme Forest’s most prominent theme, has been purchased by over 600,000 WordPress consumers. With a price of $60, we can readily figure that the income generated by this theme surpasses $36 million.
- The Panama Papers disclosures were caused via a plugin security vulnerability.
- WordPress powers 48 percent of the top one million internet sites developed with a CMS. WordPress accounts for 74% of the leading 1 million websites developed with open technology that can be updated and shared including WordPress.
- The information is not available whether WordPress has any workers. It does, however, have a big Community Management staff that evaluates everything professionally. This group is made up of the following individuals:
- Matt Mullenweg is a co-founder.
- 5 developers in charge.
- Committers and fundamental development team.
- Assistance forum operators.
- Team in charge of paperwork
- Reviewers of the theme
- Reviewers of plugins
In addition, they possess 1,200 official staff.
- 94 percent of all attacks were found on WordPress internet sites. Additional justification why WordPress safety should be emphasized.
- Whereas the WordPress professional continues to work aggressively to make its ecosystem safe, it is not only the fundamental functionality that may allow attackers to get access to user internet sites. 18,203 issues were discovered in the recent days.
- Because there is likely some crossover in the number of jobs demonstrated, it is probably reasonable to consider an estimate of the statistics above and estimate there are around 8,300 WordPress professionals available for hiring.
- Knowing that there is constantly a request for fresh participants the figure is very certainly in the thousands. The Five for the Future project was founded in 2014 to motivate additional firms to dedicate 5% of existing work – force to WordPress development.
- Salary ranges appear to be between $15,000 and $140,000 per year, based on information from different sources.
- As per WordPress statistics and analytics, 2014 was the year when WordPress truly took off. By the end of 2015, Freelancer.com had accomplished approximately $60.5 million in WordPress assignments.
- WordPress was founded in 2003 by Matt Mullenweg & Mike Little as an extension of the b2/cafe log blogging platform. WordPress is already 18 years old.
- WordPress is licensed under the GNU General Public License, which specifies how and when the open-source technology can be modified by individuals. This licensing serves as the foundation for the WordPress Bill of Rights. It has four liberties:
- WordPress must be capable of being used for any purpose.
- To be able to modify it to meet your requirements.
- Capability to bundle and distribute technologies to others.
- To be willing to communicate your customized content management system as well as functionalities (for example, extensions, templates, customized account manager interfaces, and so on) with users.
WordPress, the world’s most successful content management system has left an indelible mark on the technological landscape and it’s not going away anytime soon. Every year, it expands, develops, and provides to an increasing number of web developers.
With such a big audience involved in the purpose powering the whole open-source, very flexible, completely customizable, and cost-effective technologies.
We can only anticipate that the latest WordPress updates exceed our expectations and solve the serious vulnerability issues that have been affecting WordPress users.