We’re already into 2021, and since then, things haven’t changed significantly from 2020.
To be the year of deadly virus saw significant changes in socio-economic development. Due to worldwide stay-at-home recommendations, internet traffic has reportedly gained considerable momentum.
This was apparent in the digital interaction levels for numerous social networking sites. People were investing additional energy and exchanging richer stuff on the internet than it has ever been. It was most visible in last year’s social networking engagement statistics.
This provides an exceptional difficulty for brands and enterprises. Because more individuals are spending a lot of time digitally, firms have altered their social media presence to optimize economic development in unpredictable circumstances.
We produced a complete list of social media statistics based on the previous year’s traffic to help you make the best of the dynamic marketplace. These analytics may give you some insight to comprehend your targeted audience and market, allowing you to develop a profitable marketing strategy.
All such statistics will assist you in evaluating critical issues, including:
Which social media platform is better for promoting your company?
What level of participation can businesses consider through various social media platforms?
Which social networking site is top-rated among your primary audience?
Social Media Usage Statistics
- Current networking media consumers have already surpassed 3.8 billion, roughly 9 percent (321 million fresh subscribers) gain over this time the year before.
- The standard user does have more than nine social media profiles and invests 2 hours and 16 minutes per day on social networking sites.
- In actual social media activity, 91% of people access social networks using smartphones.
- Video content is 40 times more likely to be considered on social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Instagram stories seem to be the popular media’s emerging sensation. Instagram stories grew from 150 million to 500 million everyday regular audiences in only 2 years.
Instagram Statistics 2021
- Per month, almost 1.2 billion individuals use Instagram. India has the highest number of individuals on the listing (120 million).
- In 2020, Instagram subscribers invested approximately 30 minutes each day on the network.
- Every day, more than 200 million Instagram users view at least one corporate account.
- Instagram participation with businesses is ten times that of Facebook, 54 times that of Pinterest, and 84 times that of Twitter.
- After viewing a business or commodity via Stories, 58 percent of Instagram subscribers said they become highly fascinated with it.
- Apart from Facebook’s (80.4 percent ), Instagram has the highest social reference rate to e-commerce websites, contributing approximately 10.7 percent.
- Instagram is used for shopping by 11% of social networking site users in the United States.
- On Instagram, carousels receive higher genuine engagements than combining photos and videos.
- Each month, over 150 million consumers use Instagram Instant Direct messages to contact businesses.
- Per month, 130 million Instagram subscribers click on commercial postings, including 81% of people employing the facility to assist them in discovering new services and products.
YouTube Statistics 2021
- YouTube is the highest widespread social media network in the United States, with 82 percent of Americans accessing it.
- With 2.2 billion users worldwide, Videos on youtube are streamed for over 1 billion hours every day.
- On average, the first-page video on Youtube is 14 minutes and 50 seconds in length.
- Approximately 90% of users claim they discovered a new brand or product on YouTube.
- Sixty-eight percent of YouTube users have used a YouTube video to encourage them to make buying decisions.
- As per YouTube reports, the number of small and medium companies’ advertisements on YouTube has more than doubled in value in these 2 years.
- According to 79 percent of advertisers, YouTube is perhaps the most appropriate means for video advertisements.
- YouTube content creators are known for 92 percent of the traffic to funded YouTube posts.
- YouTube mobile advertisements are 84% more determined to retain viewers’ interest than Television commercials.
Facebook Statistics 2021
- Facebook is now the social networking leader, with over 2.74 billion monthly active participants.
- It is the third most prominent platform, just behind Google and YouTube.
- The Facebook application is the second widely downloaded mobile app, with Facebook Messenger ranking seventh.
- With 320 million active customers, India seems to have the maximum Facebook consumers of any country on this planet.
- Users of Facebook devote 34 minutes a day to the website.
- A typical Facebook user likes 12 posts and comments 4 times a month.
- Every day, 500 million users use Facebook stories.
- There seem to be over 1.8 billion people who participate in tens of millions of Facebook communities.
- Despite making for just 3% of Facebook posts, videos receive the maximum levels of interaction.
- 90 million small enterprises use Facebook, taking advantage of features such as Pages, Groups, and Messaging.
- Facebook is the largest social the far more influential social media platform among US advertisers, with 87.1 percent using Facebook ads in 2020.
- Facebook contributes 80.4 percent of the social recommendation share of e-commerce pages in the United States.
- Facebook accounted for 18.3 percent of all purchases generated by different social media consumers in the United States, with Instagram contributing 11.1 percent.
- Facebook has a 2.14 billion advertisement audience, with the United States and Canada contributing for 47 percent of Facebook Advertising sales.
- The average Facebook consumer clicks on 12 advertisements per month.
Twitter Statistics 2021
- After the platform’s launch in 2006, over 1.3 billion Twitter accounts have been registered. Twitter will have 353 million monthly active users in 2021.
- The android application is used by 80 percent of registered Twitter accounts.
- Every day, over 500 million tweets are sent.
- Twitter is used by 85 percent of small to medium-sized firms to offer customer support.
- In a tweet, 80 percent of users listed a company.
- When their tweet is responded to, 77 percent of Twitter consumers feel extra optimistic about a brand.
- Twitter advertisement awareness is increasing 27 percent, as per the company’s Q3 2020 survey.
- Twitter users devote 26% more attention to advertisements than all social media platforms.
- 40% of People on Twitter appear to be making a transaction to respond to an influencer’s post.
- Tweets of pictures and videos are 394% more likely to be retweeted.
- A typical Twitter user follows at least 5 different companies. Sixty percent of Twitter accounts expect a company or corporation to respond to their question within about an hour.
Pinterest Statistics 2021
- Pinterest currently has over 459 million users worldwide, as per the company.
- Pinterest’s advertisement income is expected to exceed $1 billion by 2020.
- Pinterest users spend 14.2 minutes on average.
- Females account for 7 out of every 10 Pinterest subscribers.
- Across over 14 million posts posted every day, Pinterest has over 200 billion saved pins.
- Eight out of every 10 Pinterest members, or 82 percent of unique weekly visitors, reveal they have purchased items depending on the advertisers’ posts on the site.
- Pinterest is used by 28% of social media network advertisers to support their businesses.
- Pinterest accounts for 25% of all recommendation visits to prominent shopping websites.
- 50 percent of the millennial generation use Pinterest at least once a month, including 47 percent buying everything they see on the website.
- More than half of Pinners are directly searching for goods, which is even more than four times the number on other websites.
Social networking is a constantly changing platform; something that emerges one year will be highly distinct the next. As a business, it is advantageous for the organization to generate a social networking approach unrelated to current trends.
Consider these statistics to take full advantage of the social networking expenditure in 2021. Through social network analytics software, you can automate your content strategy and efficiently handle your social networking sites.