With marketing techniques, you need to make sure that your plumbing business gets noticed by customers. When in need of plumber experts, most people will turn to Google and type “plumber near me” or “plumbers in [your city].”
So, it’s not enough to only have a company’s website. If your plumbing website is not ranking on top Google pages, you’re losing customers to rival your plumbing services, guaranteed.
Our plumber marketing guide will help your small business to get to the front page of the search results and get more customers.
Table of Contents
SEO in Plumbing is a series of tasks aimed to maximize a plumber company’s performance and visibility on search engines.
The word SEO stands for search engine optimization, a fancy way of telling the process of improving your website’s search engine results. Most plumber companies think about SEO for their website only; others also require SEO, Google My Business listings.
If I talk about Plumber SEO (search engine optimization), it is the process of creating and editing code and website content on your plumber company’s website so that every page ranks on one of the search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
- Site Code and Structure– Your plumbing website must be coded so search engines can easily find, crawl, and rank all of your website pages. Your website must also be secure, fast, and mobile-friendly.
- Onsite Content (On-page SEO)– Your website’s web page must be unique and fully optimized content.
- Offsite Factors (Off-page SEO)– If you successfully get high-quality backlinks from other authoritative and relevant plumber websites and also get 5-star reviews on Google My Business listings, you create a winning SEO strategy for Plumbing.
So, it is no surprise that you need to plan a professionally executed and well-planned SEO strategy to outrank your competitors.
What is a winning SEO strategy for Plumbing?
A survey depicts, 80% of homeowners prefer searching online for hiring a local plumbing service. In the U.S, homeowners perform more than 3.2 million online searches every month for plumbers in their areas.
Plumber SEO, for example, plumber marketing campaigns, brings sustainable and long-term leads for your company. Let me elaborate;
- It happens when you improve your keyword rankings for keywords like “plumbing,” “plumber,” “plumbers near me,” “plumbing company,” “hot water heater installation,” and other relevant keywords.
- Generating more website traffic to your plumber company’s website.
- You successfully fill the top of your sales funnels with high-quality Plumbing leads directly within your most desired service areas or cities.
Research shows that 47% of clicks go to the top 3 rankings on search engines, while 90% of all clicks happen on the first page. So, if your plumbing company is not on the TOP 3 list, it is certain that you are losing business.
Plumbing keywords for better SEO
If you own a local plumbing company or a website that deals with Plumbing, home improvement, home remodeling, etc., you would probably be interested in knowing the most popular plumbing SEO keywords.
Here’s a list of “Plumbing SEO keywords.”
What is On-Page SEO?
The most common form of search optimization is on-page SEO. People familiar with search engine optimization often understand the meaning of meta descriptions, keywords, and title tags. Still, they may not know how to properly implement on-page SEO on a website.
Here are the primary features of on-page SEO:
- Header Tags: H1s, H2s, & H3s, etc
- Top Keywords: Putting top “Plumbing keywords” within different web pages.
- Meta Descriptions: Length of meta description, 158 characters.
- Title Tags: Titles tags shown on search results
- URL Structure: URLs of your plumbing site displayed in the web address
Off-Page SEO for Plumbers
Off-page SEO is the marketing efforts you make on other online platforms or forums (other than your website) to attract new customers or engage existing ones. Take a look at the following actions that can improve your SERP ranking.
It won’t be enough to reach the top search results for highly competitive keywords even if you have on-page SEO.
So, to achieve the top rankings in Google searches, you’ll need an off-page SEO strategy. Although off-page SEO techniques are discussed less frequently, it is crucial for digital presence.
Google values authority sites, which you can establish through citation, link building, and review generation.
- Link Building: Link building means inbound links to your website from external sites.
- Business Citations: Citations from directories like B.B.B., Angie’s List, & HomeAdvisor.
- Social Media Platforms: Business profiles on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, & Instagram.
Local SEO for Plumbing Companies
Over the last decade, local search engine optimization has become increasingly critical for plumbing services.
Moreover, plumber services are one of the top industries for local SEO. We know that Google has integrated location data into their search algorithm to display results based on the searcher’s current location. Additionally, the emergence of WiFi internet access and mobile devices has enabled more relevant search results and more frequent search queries.
Here are some of the primary components of local SEO for plumbing agencies:
- Google Maps: Verified business location on Google Maps
- Online Reputation: Branded and optimized profiles throughout the web, preferably with reviews
- Google My Business: Verified business page on Google My Business
- Online Reviews: Customer reviews on Google, Facebook, and elsewhere
How to Optimize Your Google Maps Listing?
Learn best strategies for optimizing your Google Places Listing
If you want your plumbing business listed on the Google Map for “Plumber & Your City” and other important keywords, it has 3 main steps.
- Having an optimized Google Places Listing.
- Establish a consistent profile (N.A.P) via Citation Development.
- Maintaining real feedback or reviews from your local customers (e.g., in your service area)
There are several best practices, but let me share how to optimize your Google Maps listing.
- Agency/ComPany NAME – Use your legal plumbing company name – avoid stuffing additional words into the “Name Field.” For instance, your company name is “Su’s Plumbing,” don’t add keywords like “Su’s Plumbing – New York.” Again, this is against the Google Places Guidelines and will reduce the chances of your ranking.
- ADDRESS – Fill in your “Address Field” with an EXACT legal address. Ensure that you have the same address on your Google Places listing as it is on all the other online directories such as Yelp.com, YellowPages.com, etc.
- PHONE NUMBER – Always use your real and a local office number rather than a tracking number. Data shows that 800 numbers (tracking numbers) don’t rank well.
- CATEGORIES – There is an option to use up to 5 categories, so fill all of them. Pro-tip is to use “Plumber,” “Water Heater Repair Contractor,” and “Plumbing Contractor rather than “Drain Cleaning” or “Plumbing Repair.”
- Location Settings and SERVICE AREA – Google has 2 options here 1. I serve customers at their location. 2. All customers come to my location; as a home service plumbing business, you need to select option 1 because you and your staff visit the customer’s location.
- Video anddd PICTURE SETTINGS – An option allows you to upload up to 5 videos and 10 pictures. Always use this golden opportunity to upload real photos and authentic content about your plumbing company.
If you follow the best practices to optimize your listings, ensure that you don’t duplicate listings on Google Maps. Because duplicate listings can prevent your new one “Google Listings” from ranking.
To identify duplicate listings, Google for “Plumbing Company Name, City,” as mentioned below.
Once you have a well-optimized Google Maps listing for your plumbing company, the next step is to establish your name, address, phone number (N.A.P) across the web.
PLUMBING BUSINESS Directories | Citations
If you’re a plumbing company, your goal might be to improve your search visibility and leads.
One of the most effective ways to improve search engine rankings is optimizing N.A.P. directory listings. These citations make it easier for consumers to search and contact your services.
Creating multiple directory listings with names, addresses, and phone numbers can also make better and more compelling content on your Google Homepage. However, choosing the correct online construction and plumbing directories is crucial for maximum results.
Your plumbing business directories are important for your SEO rankings. If you have multiple mentions on the digital world, Google uses them to assess your company’s online authenticity.
Finding customers for a local plumbing company can be challenging, but it’s not impossible! With our plumber marketing guide, we can help you get started with your digital marketing. However, keep in mind that if you don’t practice them regularly, some other plumbing company will take your customers.
Whether you’re the local plumbing company or the new agency on the block looking to ‘go-to plumber,’ there is a digital world where you can reach out to the online marketplace.
Fortunately, we made it easier for plumber startups to give them marketing strategies for their company.
If you think I have missed any idea or strategy that has helped you grow your plumbing business, share them in the comment section.