Are you a SaaS business owner and want to promote your business and grow revenue?
Or suppose you are struggling with establishing your business. In that case, this article will help you know excellent techniques for paving your way towards success.
The best way of attracting customers online is to buy beneficially using digital tools. The best digital weapon in this regard is marketing, particularly content marketing.
SaaS Growth Statistics
SaaS Growth numbers and benchmark rates can provide valuable insight for software businesses in relevance to how widespread the use of SaaS applications is, as well as the effect of such expansion on the modern workplace.
- The average number of SaaS apps being used by various establishments has doubled up from 8 to 6 between the years 2015 and 2017. (BetterCloud)
- In the year 2018, the global workload of SaaS organizations reached $206 million. It’s expected to continue growing and reach $380 million by the year 2021. (Statista/Cisco)
- During the period between 2019 and 2021, the global SaaS market is expected to be worth $60.36 billion, amounting to a 9% CAGR with the 4 years. (Technavio)
- Since the year 2010, the average money spent per company on SaaS apps has increased on a yearly basis. (Blissfully)
- In the year 2018, the average cost of SaaS subscriptions per employee was $2,884, which is higher than the cost of buying a new laptop (an Apple MacBook Pro at $1,299). (Blissfully)
- The forecast compound annual growth rate of the SaaS market is calculated to be 18%. (MarketsandMarkets)
- In the year 2007, there were only 500 apps for marketing. By the year 2017, the number of marketing apps grew to over 8,500. (PriceIntelligently)
- The lack of skilled workers, as well as cyber-attacks, could hinder the growth of the SaaS sector. (MarketsandMarkets)
If we talk about the past, you could start your business and establish your business without any issues. But with the advent of more competition and higher customer expectations, you have to put in more effort for customer engagement and brand awareness. Therefore, eye-catching design and cohesive branding are no more extended options.
What is B2b SaaS Content Marketing?
B2b SaaS is also known as business-to-business Software as a Service. It incorporates cloud-based Software that companies use for various tasks such as office productivity, customer relationship management (CRM), and other work-related activities. Businesses often subscribe to B2B SaaS solutions and regularly pay, usually every month or annually.
It is predicted that about 78% of companies will be running purely on B2B SaaS till the end of 2022. Interestingly, the growth of the SaaS market will reach $76 billion by the end of 2022.
Using traditional marketing methods such as Adblockers is useless as About 30% of internet users are using ad blocker. Therefore, you will be facing increasingly complex purchase journeys where you need to engage your customer.
In short, B2B promises high average values and long-term commitments.
Importance of B2b SaaS content marketing strategy
In this digital era, you need to offer an efficient B2b design that is an actionable copy that concisely makes your Software functional.
Recent research shows that about 92% of marketers consider content a crucial part of business assets. Likewise, SaaS companies focusing on content marketing show higher growth rates than others.
Experts estimate that the overall SaaS market is growing at a staggering rate of 18% annually. Moreover, 99% of businesses use at least one SaaS tool. Besides, about 78% of small businesses are also using it.
Why should I adopt a B2b SaaS content Marketing strategy?
If you are wondering will working on B2b Saas content marketing will be beneficial for me or not, then here is the evidence.
In the year 2019, Emily Byford conducted research regarding SaaS content marketing. Following are her research conclusions:
- About 23% of SaaS blogs receive lesser than 500 visits per month.
- Roughly estimating, an average SaaS blog receives about 1800 organic visitors monthly.
In a nutshell, a B2b SaaS content strategy enables you to focus on your content marketing efforts. Additionally, it paves the way to form effective content that will help you engage your customers in responding the way you want.
Before making your content strategy, you should make sure that it answers the following questions:
- Who is your target audience?
- What goals will your content help achieve?
- What are the critical questions that your content should address for brand awareness?
- What makes your content unique?
- Through which channels will you promote your business?
- How will you keep track of your business success?
Some of the critical aspects of B2B Content marketing strategy are:
- Brand positioning
- Owning media value proposition
- Business case
- Strategic plan
Steps to build a b2b content marketing strategy
Do you want customer engagement for your business and Software as a service app with digital marketing every month?
If yes, you need not worry, as the following guidelines will help you build a B2B content marketing strategy.
Start with knowing your customers
Usually, SaaS companies mistake turning to tactics like content creation, social media promotions, or building a marketing funnel. All of these ideas have their place. However, these cannot be considered as a starting place. Instead, it would be best to start by defining your ideal customer profile.
You can start knowing your customers by:
- Applying intelligent customer engagement
- Creating more robust buyer personas
- Generating data via customer analytics
- Anticipate, predict and plan future
- Transverse the path of your customer
These ideal customer definitions include:
What are customers’ needs and their problems?
For instance, a marketing team may have an issue with high customer acquisition costs.
What are the typical qualities of an ideal customer?
For example, a marketing team may post questions on Reddit, thereby asking for advice on optimizing content strategy or managing user-generated content. Reddit enables you to better understand SaaS companies and SaaS customers.
Where do the potential customers gather together?
Ideal customer profile includes marketers at software companies. You can get this via:
- Review sites
- Content publishers
What is the main issue that your end-user is facing?
Showcase how simple it is for your Software to fix this issue via presentations, infographics, or other content offerings. If you try to shove everything. These issues can be addressed by:
For this purpose, you can use the latest technology. According to the survey by Ultimate Software in 2016, about 92% of the workers say that having the right technology for helping their customers results in job satisfaction.
Decide your goals
Deciding your goals is an essential component of forming a successful content marketing strategy, yet this is an area where most marketers struggle. A simple way to start is to make sure your goals are SMART, that is:
Specific: Goals should include measurable KPIs, numbers, results, and deadlines.
Measurable: Goals can be measurable and recorded quickly for identifying success or failure rates.
Attainable: Goals should be challenging yet possible to achieve.
Relevant: Goals should be relevant and align with your business’s aims and objectives.
Time-bound: Goals should be based on annual, six-monthly, or quarterly goals. Furthermore, your goals should include the following characteristics:
Know your targeted Audience
When creating personas, you should consider information such as:
- Demographics, location, and age of customers
- Industry, which provides for their job role, challenges, and goals
- Decision-making factors and responsibilities such as where they go for the information on the internet.
Understanding your Buyer’s Journey
So, are you ready to implement your goals and know who your potential customers are? It’s time to find out from where your Audience belongs?
A typical buyer’s journey or funnel mainly involves three stages that are:
As the buyers move from one stage to another, they need to alter, and so is the requirement for change required for content you provide.
In the 1st stage, the Awareness stage, your content emphasizes their pain points and helps buyers address their issues.
In the 2nd stage, the Consideration stage, you provide your customers with the solution via your content.
In the 3rd stage, the Conversion stage, you tend to focus on brand-specific content to illustrate why your service or product is best among all. Here, you need to offer a memorable and unique experience. This will turn them into repeat customers and encourage them to promote you to their social circle by leaving positive reviews.
Experts say that more people consider positive reviews of the customer service online than negative ones, which is about 6%. Also, 90% of customers are influenced by positive reviews. Moreover, a 5% increase in customer retention can help you get 25% more profit.
Develop a Promotional Strategy
When you have successfully formed your B2b SaaS content marketing strategy, now is the time to promote yourself. Effective team collaborations will play a vital role in creating and promoting your content strategy.
How you promote your products or services varies widely according to your business. B2b businesses and decision-makers primarily maintain their digital presence on social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
According to the statistics, about 66% of the content marketers rate LinkedIn as an effective platform for B2b promotion purposes, followed by YouTube 51% and Twitter as 55% effective.
Here is a process to promote yourself on social media:
- By creating a list of relevant decision-makers at the businesses, you want to work with.
- Finding the contact details of these decision-makers.
- Sending a short informative introduction email showcasing your work.
Other than this, you can:
- Share posts on social media platforms
- Tag expert sources when sharing posts on social media
- Use content promotion platforms
- Use your content for answering questions on various forums
- Syndicating content
Sending multiple emails to a person over a set period increases the response rate. The success rate of email marketing is 42%. Stats suggest that about 64% of small businesses use email marketing as a tool to approach customers. Additionally, 35% of the marketers send 3 to 5 emails per week to their customers.
Track and Optimize
The digital marketing world is developing at a rapid pace. Therefore, we need to update our B2b Saas content marketing strategy. It is essential to stay updated about the relevant trends to ensure your content is working or not. Moreover, tracking trends help you to adapt your strategy in a meaningful way.
Additionally, you should continue reviewing your results, thereby making sure your content marketing strategy evolves as market and landscape change. Also, you should keep on doing a competitor analysis to know where your competitors are standing and what they are doing. In short, the ability to adapt excellently is the important secret to ensuring that your brand stays competitive, relevant, and at the top of its game.
Research says that the SaaS industry is expected to grow at the annual rate of 12% in 2018-2022. Therefore, we can say that the SaaS industry is the fastest growing industry. The following statistics show the growth trend:
Here are a few case studies that illustrate how the Audience can lead to excellent results.
- Shutter stock is a self-serve platform that licenses images and photos as a big adopter for SaaS strategies. It has gained significant organic traffic as a lead generator. An accompanying infographic alone produced 160,000 page views within two weeks, and the email announcing the reports shows a 22% open rate.
- Similarly, Coding Sans’ gated is a State of Software Development report created in six weeks. But the results were overwhelming as they got 291 backlinks, 5,000 downloads, and $300,000 in new projects.
- LogoMaker is another online platform that produced organic search with the help of great content. They started in 2012 and wrote on creating a Gmail signature with a logo and attracted more than 5,000 visitors monthly, eight years later.
About 69% of the companies with a well-formed content strategy consider themselves the best content marketing players. B2b SaaS content marketing is inbound marketing that provides customers with the right content at the right time. It’s one of the most essential elements of SaaS marketing.
You can build a successful b2b by deciding your goals, identifying buyers’ persona, and tracking the result of your plan. Besides, several promotional techniques can be helpful in this regard. Most importantly, you can add value to the reader, write purposefully, track your results, and tailor your approach to your targeted audience.